Thursday, November 29, 2012

Super Contest Guessing of the Lines for Week 13

Guessing of the Lines pick record: 24-14

 
I GOT ROBBED ON MY CHARGERS PICK!  I despise the Ravens, well mostly just Flacco, to begin with.  Then he and them go and pull a miracle out of you know where when the Chargers were in “charge” of the game the whole way.  I guess this game allows me to illustrate the point of picking the “right” side and losing.  There were 73 minutes and 48 seconds of game time in this game.  The Chargers were covering the spread for 73 minutes and 47 seconds.

 
By the way, I said I didn’t like Flacco and the Ravens, but if I were to win a Ravens shirt while watching Monday night football at my favorite bar last season I wouldn’t throw that shirt away or anything.  I might even wear it occasionally.  I know you were all pondering this, well at least the Christian readers were.








 

 

 

Let’s get into my guesses.  I promised you I wouldn’t suck as badly this week.  BINGO!

 

Away Home Guess SC Line
Saints Falcons Falcons -4 Falcons -4
Jags Bills Bills -7 Bills -6
Seahawks Bears Bears -5.5 Bears -3.5
Colts Lions Lions -3 Lions -5
Vikes Pack Pack -7.5 Pack -9
Panthers Chiefs Panthers -2.5 Panthers -3
Pats Dolphins Pats -6 Pats -7.5
Cards Jets Jets -5.5 Jets -4.5
49ers Rams 49ers -6 49ers -7
Texans Titans Texans -7.5 Texans -6
Bucs Broncos Broncos -4.5 Broncos -7
Steelers Ravens Ravens -5.5 Ravens -7
Browns Raiders PK PK
Bengals Chargers Chargers -1.5 Bengals -1.5
Eagles Cowboys Cowboys -7 Cowboys -10
Giants Redskins Giants -2 Giants -2.5

 

Bucs @ Broncos

 

I’m a little torn on this one.  There’s a lot going on.  Here are my thoughts:  1.  Opposing teams, especially teams that don’t play in Denver every year, tend to have a tough time with the thin air.  2.  Everyone thinks the Broncos are good.  3.  Some people think the Bucs are good.  Some don’t.  4.  The public loves to bet on Peyton.  5.  The Broncos clinch the AFC West with this win.  6.  The Bucs need this win much more than the Broncos.

 

I’m going to hope this line is 7 and not 4.5ish because the perception is the public will hammer the Broncos.  This line COULD be 7 because Vegas thinks the Broncos are that much better than the Bucs.  I have to believe there’s some sort of public bias factored into the line.  Take Bucs +7

 

Bengals @ Chargers

 

This one isn’t easy either, at first glance.  The Bengals have won 3 in a row, granted 2 of those wins came against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL in the Chiefs and Raiders.  They’re putting up lots of points each week, and they’re back in the thick of the Wild Card race.  The Chargers are starting to invent ways to lose: Norv being Norv(invented a long time ago), Rivers throwing 16 picks, the defense giving up a 4th & 101 late in the 4th quarter, just to name a few.  Intuitively, who really thinks the Chargers will cover this spread?  I DO!  You know damn well the public will be on the Bengals.  Follow me.  If you’re a typical public bettor, this is what you’re thinking: the Chargers find ways to lose, the Bengals essentially just need to win the game, the Bengals are playing for something, the Bengals are scoring a lot of points, the Bengals have won 3 in a row…blah blah blah.  TAKE THE CHARGERS!

 

Eagles @ Cowboys

 

VEGAS FINALLY DID IT!  The Eagles are 1-10 against the SC spread, so Vegas finally said “let’s throw out a number so big so the Eagles are forced to cover!”  I know the Eagles are pitiful.  Just take them to cover this spread.  And as @VegasRunner likes to say, sprinkle a little on the moneyline while you’re at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment