Thursday, November 22, 2012

Super Contest Guessing of the Lines: Week 12

Guessing of the Lines pick record: 23-12

As you can see below, my guessing is embarrassingly unacceptable this week.  In the NFL, picks are nearly never good.  If my guessing is any indicator, my picks have no chance of being good either.  I'm basically Philip Rivers in the proverbial pocket right now.  I should book a prop bet for people for this week.  Here it is:

Which will record a greater amount:

My incorrect Guessing of the Lines picks -110
Philip Rivers' picks against the Ravens     -110

Away Home Guess SC Line
Texans Lions Texans -3 Texans -3.5
Redskins Cowboys Cowboys -5.5 Cowboys -3.5
Pats Jets Pats -10 Pats -7
Vikes Bears Bears -6* Bears -4.5
Raiders Bengals Bengals -7.5 Bengals -8
Steelers Browns Steelers -2.5 Steelers -1.5
Bills Colts Colts -4 Colts -3
Titans Jags Titans -2.5 Titans -3
Broncos Chiefs Broncos -13.5 Broncos -10.5
Seahawks Dolphins Dolphins -1 Seahawks -3
Falcons Bucs Falcons -2.5 Falcons -1
Ravens Chargers Ravens -7 Ravens -1
Rams Cards Cards -3 Cards -2.5
49ers Saints Saints -2.5 49ers -2
Pack Giants Giants -2 Giants -3
Panthers Eagles Eagles -1.5 Panthers -2.5


Ravens @ Chargers

First of all, someone who's never watched an NFL game could have made a better guess than I did.  How do you miss a spread by 6 points?  That aside, Vegas is giving the Chargers more credit than they deserve.  You've got an 8-2 team playing a 4-6 team, and you just have to pick the winner?  Take the 4-6 team and just trust it's the correct side.  Go Chargers.

49ers @ Saints

I'm going to pretend Vegas is certain Alex Smith is playing, and that's why the 49ers are favored in this game.  Although, after Kaepernick's performance against one of the best defenses in the NFL this past Monday night, maybe the line wouldn't be affected depending on who is set to take the snaps for the 49ers.  The 49ers aren't as good as they were last year.  They just pounded the Bears, but that's 1 week.  Brees will take care of business in that dome down there in N'awlins.  Go Saints.

Panthers @ Eagles

I don't REALLY have to pick this game, do I?  The Panthers are super inconsisent, and the Eagles just aren't good at football.  McCoy and Vick are likely out.  I'll take the team that plays well every other week over the team who played well a couple of times last year.  Go Panthers.

By the way, the asterisk by the Bears guess was put there because I didn't know if Cutler would play or not.  I had a guess of -6 w/ Cutler and -3 w/o him.  This is me patting myself on the back thinking Vegas is 50/50 on whether he will be in or out, and thus setting the line right in the middle of my guesses.  By the way, if Cutler and Campbell are both inactive this week, who is the back up to McCown (a guy they pulled off the streets after Cutler went down)?  Ryan Leaf?

You can never go wrong when "Ryan Leaf" are the last 2 words in any written work...

RYAN LEAF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment